We are currently recruiting for an Application Support Engineer based in London (Hybrid).
Pay rate: £350-£400 (Outside IR35)
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
Our client requires an Application Support Team member to join the 2nd line support of their in-house developed applications. This role will have the following responsibilities: – Action incoming incidents from the Service Desk, resolving in line with agreed KPI’s. Prioritise tickets. Answer incoming emails to the shared Application Support Mailbox. Provide on-call in line with the L2 team rota. Action and escalate major incidents in a timely manner. Attend meetings when required to provide technical input. Effectively support transition of any new services into support, contributing to all relevant documentation and run books as required.
Knowledge & skills required:
- 5+ years relevant experience in software support, with exposure to testing and development environments.
- 5+ years working in a service desk environments
- Good verbal and written communication
- Linux/Unix, Windows, mobile applications, web technologies and databases
- MySQL, MongoDB
- Experience of resolving user support calls and deploying fixes
- Experience of working closely with development, test and deployment teams
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies such as MDM, Windows Mobile, Android, Linux, mobile technologies and auditing software.
- Experience of training end users on the best use of technology
- Working knowledge of Atlassian Tools like Jira and Confluence
- This is a multidiscipline role and the ability to pickup new skills and knowledge quickly is essential. The focus at the moment is continual service improvement
- Demonstrable experience of creating concise and effective documentation
- Application Support
- Technical Support
- Bespoke services
- Technical Documentation
- Virtual Servers
- Event Management
- Network Topologies
- Linux command line
- Demonstrable knowledge of core ITIL functions and relationships
- Supporting high availability Applications and systems
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure and ability to work across support lifecycles.
- Focused systematic and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Experience in building mobile and desktop devices
For more information on this role please email email@example.com or call 07789557717