We are currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Risk Analyst in London.
Hours: 9:00am-17:00pm (This role offers a combination of at home working and office working).
Pay rate: PAYE: 387.79-464.94 per day UMB: 500-600 Per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
The Security Delivery (SD) function within BET (Business Engagement & Technology) provides comprehensive security support focusing on (but not exclusive to) threat profiles, quantifying risk as well as being the custodian for technical security standards and patterns within the MPS. It provides information up to the SIRO on the current state of the client’s environment and works with the supplier security leads to provide a holistic picture of the current and emerging security state.
The Cyber Security Risk Analysts play a crucial part in this service by providing threat and risk artefacts which are essential in helping shape the MPS security posture.
The creation and maintenance of threat personas
- Utilise various research mechanisms and materials to derive context.
- Analyse and document motivation, skills, tools used in approach / execution of security threats.
- Cross-Reference controls and compromises that arise from research and collaboration.
Identify and assess attack surface provided by threat assessments on the MPS services.
- Understand and rank the accomplishment of threat attacks in scale and consequential business impact.
Understand the risks and exploits of new technology and brief accordingly.
- Provide input into the Futures and Innovation Lab.
Provide risk support when ITHC (IT Health-checks are scoped)
- Provide Information Assurance against requirements identified.
- Provide MPS Risk Management material as applicable.
Keep abreast and up to date with relevant cyber security current affairs, technologies and subject matter requirements as required.
Harness external security information sources in providing a holistic security response.
- Public (Open) / (Closed)
- UK Govt (Law Enforcement / Security Services)
Provide information security reporting to Head of Security Delivery.
Knowledge and Experience:
Applicants who already have awareness and appreciation of Cyber Security in the context of law enforcement are welcomed.
Additionally, any formal training in would be advantageous but are not mandatory:
- InfoSec Training Paths and Competencies (ITPC)
- Cyber First
- GCHQ backed Cyber / Information Security
Contact Olivia Mason for more information on this vacancy or to apply call 07789557717.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org