Data Science Lead (6 month contract.)
Security Clearance: SC cleared.
Day Rate: Up to £735 per day
Location: Fully remote (UK)
About the role:
· Deliver advanced data analytics support to operational teams, corporate leaders and partner agencies, typically working in concert with intelligence analysts and digital experts nationally.
· Production of dedicated commissioned products, working with operational partners, industry and academia to address some of the most challenging problems in national security.
· Lead experimentation and prototyping for new digital and analytical tooling to evolve national technical capabilities and core ICT.
As the Data Science Lead, you will:
· Help the Head of Data Science design, establish and lead these core services.
· Lead the recruitment, training and development of Data Scientists and Data Engineers to build an effective operational team.
· Engage with operational capabilities to identify and articulate problems affecting the business that can be solved through Data Science and Advanced Analytics.
· Support the team to design and develop scalable data science outputs and products, using your experience to identify the most appropriate tools and technologies.
· Identify requirements to improve the technical infrastructure for data science, experimentation and analytics services, including cloud-based platforms.
· Operate within Data & Analysis policy and processes, including our Data Capability Assurance Framework. Effectively navigate ethical and data challenges to achieve successful outcomes.
· Relevant technical skills at an expert level.
· Experience of working within a data science and analytics team, prioritising work and managing demands in order to deliver successful outcomes.
· Experience of managing and developing a team, building organisational capability and setting direction.
· Experience of representing an organisation at a senior level for meetings, briefings and governance boards, including building relationships with external partners.· Understanding and practical experience of data privacy and ethical considerations in the use of data.
· Experience in law enforcement, defence or national security, science, technology and/or innovation.
Potential (infrequent) travel to meet key stakeholders.
Apply online or contact Olivia Mason on 01925 377 878. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this role.