We are currently recruiting for a DevOps Project Engineer in London.
Pay rate: PAYE 464.94 per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
The DevOps Project Engineer is required to enhance the MPS development capability for core policing applications. A key role is to create automation frameworks to create environments and infrastructure systems that developers can easily access. In addition, to design and create deployment and hosting solutions to provide secure and repeatable delivery technologies for varied environments.
- Agile methodologies especially JIRA Kanban and sprint
- DevOps automation including CI/CD using Jenkins
- Configuration management/automation using tools such as Packer, Puppet and Ansible
- Support and enhance on-premises cloud technologies including the core components of OpenStack, Heat/Terraform orchestration, customisations/Hooks and status monitoring tools
- Support and enhance MongoDB and PostgreSQL databases and SOA bus developed to run in Redhat JBoss Fuse 6
- Get directly involved in designing new strategies and toolsets, including liaison with surrounding teams/projects
- Develop methodologies for orchestration of design, development and deployments for multiple environments
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years hands-on experience with Linux system administration (Ubuntu preferred) including fault diagnosis from application logs all the way down to hardware, package/dependency management and centralised configuration management.
- Hands-on experience automating on-premises virtualisation platforms using tools such as Heat or Terraform and/or custom automation elements using native APIs and/or CLI. OpenStack experience will be of significant benefit.
- General experience of CI – build and release management, quality assurance, automated testing (e.g. ServerSpec, RSpec) and change control.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with open source SDLC toolset, including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket Server, Git, Jenkins.
- Ability to communicate directly with developers and senior leadership to resolve issues and to fully understand business requirements.
- Experience with OS provisioning, software installation and configuration management using modern configuration and orchestration tools on complex environments – this includes tools such as Puppet, Heat, Ansible, Packer, Cobbler, Docker and Vagrant
- Effectively escalate & liaise with 3rd line support and/or customer until fault resolution.
- Candidates are encouraged to share a GitHub account where any open-source contributions can be reviewed prior to an interview.
- Programming experience using Java, Ruby or Python
- Scripting experience using Bash and Microsoft PowerShell
- Mapping and Geoservices technology.
Contact Olivia Mason for more information on this vacancy or to apply call 07789557717. You can also email email@example.com