We are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer (Networks) based in Exeter.
Hours: Full time
Contract Duration: Temporary ongoing.
Day rate: PAYE £466.89 per day/UMB £600 per day
About this role:
You will be exposed to a mix of complex, technical issues and large-scale lifecycle projects. There are opportunities for experiences in data centre networking, next generation firewalls, cloud-based security solutions and SD-WAN. The team encourages and promotes knowledge sharing and mentoring for service improvements and professional development.
The Network Services team is responsible for delivering a robust, performant, and resilient infrastructure. A wide range of network services including LAN, WAN, load balancing, security and web filtering are provided. The services provided are essential to the continuing business success and include resolving a wide variety of technical networking issues that impact business continuity.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Implement network designs and changes as required by the organisation to meet the demands of systems delivery.
- The maintenance of the network, this includes administering and installing devices from industry leaders such as Cisco and Fortinet, DNS, and load balancing.
- Respond to and take ownership of challenging problems. Investigating and diagnosing complex technical issues, working with colleagues, users, and suppliers as appropriate.
- Assist in the supervision of network engineering works.
- Maintaining technical documentation and mentoring team on technical issues.
- Monitoring network performance, security and integrity.
- Work closely with technology experts and lead network specialists to deliver and improve services.
Experience, qualifications, skills & experiences:
- Current formal qualifications in networking (e.g., CCNA, CCNP) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Proven enterprise networking technical ability.
- An understanding of network security best practices and technologies with a demonstrable knowledge of firewalls, secure access, and secure configuration.
- Evidence of developing effective and well-functioning teams who have worked on published research.
- Proven analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in an ITIL-based (or similar) support environment.
- Effective planning and experience communicating technical concepts, problems and solutions to colleagues and customer stakeholders.
For more information on this role please email email@example.com or call 07789557717