We are currently recruiting for a Senior Application Operations Engineer in Exeter.
Pay rate: 575 per day.
Hours: 09:00-17:00- Hybrid role
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
- The Corporate Database team within Applications provide support, maintenance and development of the database estate predominantly using Oracle and Postgres technology on the mainframe. The databases they support underpin key services such as WAVE, Ripple, MIDAS and Finance systems.
- Provide additional support to the Supercomputer Programme in extracting MASS data ahead of the MASS migration additional resource is required to supporting this activity. This is in addition to other key lifecycling activities for the Corporate Database team including Oracle 19c and Postgres upgrades required to meet support standards which wouldn’t be possible without additional resource.
- Proven experience (5 years plus) as an Oracle PL/SQL Developer with a strong understanding of database concepts and best practices.
- Proficiency in writing and troubleshooting complex PL/SQL code, stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Experience of resolving database-related issues, such as performance bottlenecks and data integrity problems.
- Analysis and optimization of existing database code and query performance.
- Working knowledge of Linux (ideally Red Hat but not essential).
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Contact Olivia Mason for more information on this vacancy or to apply call 07789557717.
You can also email email@example.com