We are currently recruiting for a DV cleared Senior Network Engineer.
12 month contract
Day rate: Up to £561 per day.
This role will provide Network and Infrastructure technical support for our clients Customer Services Centre (CSC). The individual will support services in the CSC portfolio, including operational and project tasks, as required, relating to the maintenance and development of the IT Services.
This role will be part of a team of engineers covering 7am to 7pm weekdays from the CSC technical ops centre and on call 24\7\365 for critical support of the national infrastructure.
This role is vital to ensure the national infrastructure is available, secure and supported to best practice standards to enable operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience in a technically diverse environment preferably as part of a shift rota
• Experience of working with service desk call management systems
• Experience of working within an ITIL service environment working to defined metrics and SLAs
• Experience of Cisco technologies including Routing, Switching, VoIP and Video Conferencing
• Experience of Juniper and Cisco security and firewall devices
• Experience of load balancer technology
• Experience of Cisco switching and routing hardware
• Experience of network security best practice
• Experience of ITIL change management
• Experience of failover testing, resilience and redundancy methodology
• Experience of Network and Infrastructure monitoring and automation tools
• Ability to prioritise, execute tasks and achieve results in a busy Service Operation environment
• UK Driving License
Communication and Working Relationships:
• Daily: Communicate with the CSC Service desk, other engineers and line management for ticket management and escalation, phone, email, face to face.
• Daily: Customers for support calls, email, phone, face to face, video, onsite.
• Weekly: Line management to provide incident and project updates, email, face to face
• Daily: Escalate issues to third parties offering third line support, email, phone
• Weekly: Project Teams for collaboration through implementation and transition, phone, email, face to face, video
• Daily: Cross Team collaboration for support and training, phone, email, face to face
• Occasionally: Attend or Substitute for senior members of the team in meetings with other teams, stakeholders, partners or third parties as a technical representative, phone, video, face to face
Apply online or contact Olivia Mason on 01925 377 878. You can also email email@example.com for more information on this role.