We are currently recruiting for a Senior Network Engineer in London.
Pay rate: PAYE 407.18-435.10 per day/UMB 525-561 per day.
Contract duration: Temporary ongoing
This role will provide Network and Infrastructure technical support for the client’s Customer Services Centre (CSC). The individual will support services in the CSC portfolio, including operational and project tasks, as required, relating to the maintenance and development of the National IT Services.
This role requires a flexible working approach to meet operational needs and will be required to work as part of a shift system (Mon-Fri 7am-7pm + on call rota 24/7/365).
• Some out of hours and weekend working may be occasionally required.
• It is office based with occasional work from home
• The role holder may be required to travel to sites around the UK to maintain the infrastructure. Occasionally this may be at short notice, as appropriate, to resolve critical issues.
• Ensure personal work load is managed and prioritised effectively.
• Adherence to polices, standards, controls and best practice
• Ensure SLAs for services in the CSC Service portfolio are met
• Provide technical support for National infrastructure relating to BAU and Projects to ensure objectives are being met in line with our client’s priorities
• Provide resilience and failover testing to ensure all CSC managed Infrastructure is tested on a regular basis to ensure failover functions as designed
• Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure all services are maintained and knowledge is shared
• Proactively maintain and update the infrastructure to ensure security and reliability
• Monitor environments to help prevent issues arising
• Proactively monitor availability and capacity and resolve or escalate any issues as appropriate
• Engage in following and implementing best practice in line with the latest supported guidance.
• Change and release management processes and procedures are adhered to mitigate against unplanned downtime and service outages
• Internal and external standards are followed to ensure services are implemented in a supportable and scalable way
• Ensure security procedures are followed to comply with the relevant accreditation, procedures and/or guidance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Technically diverse environment preferably as part of a shift rota
• Working with service desk call management systems
• Working within an ITIL service environment working to defined metrics and SLAs
• Experience of Cisco technologies including Routing, Switching, VoIP and Video Conferencing
• Juniper and Cisco security and firewall devices
• Experience of load balancer technology
• Cisco switching and routing hardware
• Experience of network security best practice
• ITIL change management
• Failover testing, resilience and redundancy methodology
• Experience of Network and Infrastructure monitoring and automation tools
• CCNA qualification preferred
• Ability to prioritise, execute tasks and achieve results in a busy Service Operation environment
• UK Driving License
Contact Olivia Mason for more information on this vacancy or to apply call 07789557717.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org