We are looking for a Standards and Assurance Manager based in London to support the implementation of a robust, independent assurance management Approach for Projects and Programmes and be involved in integrated and consequential assurance activity to deliver it. This is perfect for a candidate looking to take up a role in an essential sector of our community that plays a vital role in making a difference in the security of the UK.
Your skills could help protect the UK.
Job title: Standards and Assurance Manager – Counter Terrorism
Salary: £450 per day inside IR35
Location: Southwest London – 1 day a week in the office
*holding active security clearance is required
- Experience in undertaking assurance reviews in a programme or a significant project management delivery environment.
- Experience applying programme and project management approaches such as MSP and PRINCE2 – ideally holding a certificate.
- Understanding the principles of assurance within a Project or Programme management environment using the relevant tools and techniques.
- Experience in the analysis and improvement of processes and practices.
- Experience in providing coaching and guidance to promote adherence to standards.
- Understanding and experience of the HMT Green Book.
- Previous experience working in government organisations, security agencies or policing will be beneficial.
- Support the Assurance and Standards Lead to implement a robust assurance management framework and approach.
- Review business cases, as required, providing independent assurance at stage gates, ensuring alignment to standards, highlighting risks and issues to the project and programme and summarising areas of concern.
- Assisting in developing Potential Risk Assessments and ensuring they are updated after every Stage Gate.
- Management of the national and London counter-terrorism portfolio Integrated Assurance and Approvals Plan.
- Support the Assurance and Standards Lead to Develop and maintain a robust, effective and efficient assurance management approach and provide associated guidance and tools required at Portfolio, Programme and Project levels.
- Provide Business Case templates and be responsible for ensuring these are being used within programmes and projects, provide advice and guidance around their completion
To give yourself the maximum chance of success, please ensure your CV addresses the essential criteria mentioned above.
Do you fit the criteria?
Let’s talk – contact Olivia on 07789 557 717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org